Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chicago-Style Pizza

Chicago may be known for deep-dish pizza but there's more to Chicago pizza than Chicago-style pizza. Northern Italian style, for one. Quartino, which is styled after an Italian kitchen and has a homey atmosphere, is one of my favorite pizza places, oddly enough. I've been back several times, and have had trouble ordering anything other than the pizzas as my entree because they've always been so good.  The zola noche and pear pizza is especially good, as is the Stefano (spicy Italian sausage).  I usually get a pizza that is half each - which is another benefit.  If you can pick one or the other, you can have a favorite and still try something new with the other half. Plus, they serve wine by the carafe which lets it breathe some and lets you choose how much to get, even at a fair price.

Tonight they are having a wine tasting with Spanish wines, which is why I'm writing. Anyone who is up to braving the weather tonight will be well-rewarded I'm sure at State & Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment