Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome to a Midwestern Odyssey

It was the best of wines; it was the worst of wines. I was in a Honolulu resort with my parents, celebrating my 21st birthday with a bottle of wine of the same age. It was full of sediment, and as we drank it out of plastic cups intended for rinsing after brushing your teeth, that sediment made us wonder if it had gone bad. We had never heard the word "decanter."

Four years after that, we opened the second bottle and did everything right we had missed the first time. It was fantastic. The company was just as good as the first time, but because we knew what we were doing, the wine was at its best.

It's my sincerest hope that I can do the same for your experience of the city of Chicago, so that you can experience a storied city at its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment