Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Syrah, Great Deal

About a month ago, my wife and I stumbled upon a good wine at Binny's Beverage Depot, Kunde Estate 2004 Syrah. We went back a couple of weeks later to find that there was no longer a shelf space reserved for it. It was on clearance for only $8 a bottle and there were only two cases left in the storage room. So we bought half of their stock, one case, and I am glad to report that six bottles later (spread across several evenings) I am still feeling good about the decision.

5 of 7 Smile Points


Wine Snob tells me that the 2004 vintage of Kunde syrah retails for $20, but if you run across a chance to get it for less than $15, give it a try. For $20 it isn't a must-buy, but when opportunity knocks you might as well answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment